Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 800 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 35 years and has a strong market presence in the industrial and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
The AR Supervisor is responsible for (i) managing the collection activity by the AR Team, (ii) monitoring compliance by the AR Team with departmental policies, procedures and work flows, (iii} assisting the AR Analysts as necessary and (iv) collection of high risk client balance. This is a critical customer facing role. The AR Supervisor is a key customer service "problem solver'' who assists the client in resolving questions and problems with DISA invoices and thus removes obstacles to payment of our bills. The AR Supervisor always conducts his/her activity with professionalism and courtesy. Works under moderate supervision.
• Communicates effectively, promptly and professionally with internal and external clients of the department including co-workers, customers and vendors.
• Reviews (i) inbound communication (emails and AR fax), (ii) GP notes, and (iii) outbound communication by Collections Team members to ensure that all client issues are being handled on a timely, professional and effective basis.
• Develops monthly list of client assignments for AR Team.
• Assigns customers to collector’s ensuring equality of workload.
• Calculates essential AR Metrics including Days Sales Outstanding (DSO).
• Calculates AR Team bonus’ on a monthly basis.
• Monitors customer payment trends and addresses potential issues proactively.
• Monitors daily progress of AR Team in progress against assigned accounts and collection goals. Reports progress and update forecast weekly to the Controller and CFO.
• Monitors compliance by AR Team with departmental policies and procedures including (i) client communication and (ii) documentation of contacts in GP.
• Personally identifies/monitors/resolves high risk account balances. Manages research tasks related to resolution of high risk balances where necessary. Secures client's commitment to pay. Monitors client's compliance with commitments.
• Oversees external collection process
• Mentors and develops the members of the AR Team. Team of 5.
• Assists AR Team when issues need to be escalated.
• Assists AR Team with complex analysis (queries) and/or problem resolutions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or three or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, interpret and follow written procedures. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, accounting software (including Great Plains) and intra-company proprietary software.
Travel Required: Minimal (Site visits as needed)
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the environment is moderate.
• Annual performance appraisal for manager/supervisor level
• Attainment of annual goals established between supervisor and incumbent
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $66,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $68,244.00
- Travel Required Yes
- 10900 Corporate Centre Dr Suite 250, Houston, TX 77041, USA