San Fernando, CA, USA Req #757
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Job Title: Background Specialist
Department: Driver Qualification
Location: San Fernando, CA
Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for making Previous Employer Inquiries (PEI) as a Background Specialist. Conducts daily Background Screening Verifications in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), state and federal laws, as well as DISA guidelines.
• Managing the workflow and processing PEI files ensuring attention to detail and accuracy.
• Communicate and contact clients as a customer service representative on the phone or through the chat operator console.
• Represent the company, its employees and the work environment with a positive attitude and demeanor.
• Retrieve executed release documents electronically via PDF file from the background queue.
• Audit the PDF file for missing or incomplete information. If file is found to be incomplete, make appropriate notations in the PEI FileMaker database.
• Extract previous DECS investigation history from archival driver-history files.
• Open an investigation by creating a new record of the driver’s previous employment in FileMaker.
• Create Safety Performance History Records Request (SPHRR) form via PDF and send to previous employers.
• Receive executed SPHRR from previous employers, audit the information and input SPHRR data into PEI FileMaker database.
• Close out the file by inputting the cover page and SPHRR into the driver’s file.
• Staying current on all company policies, FMCSA Regulations, Federal and State regulations, and departmental procedures.
• Participate in cross-training programs to enhance versatility and ensure development of career path.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Other functions: Ability to work occasional overtime, when needed.
• Ability to use hands and eyes repetitiously while using a computer monitor and keyboard
• Sitting for more than 6 hours per day
• Standing and walking for less than 1 hour per day
• Limited stooping, bending, and twisting
• Lifts light weigh objects
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent
• Current FCRA Certification (or the ability to obtain after hire)
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with coworkers, clients, and vendors
• Strong computer skills to complete data entry work and data management
• Solid working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Writer, Microsoft Office, and other common software.
• Ability to think in a clear, logical, and organized manner while multi-tasking
• Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving ability
• Ability to work with minimal supervision after trained
• Experience in the transportation industry
• Some college education helpful
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.25
- Travel Required No
- San Fernando, CA, USA