Fleet Maintenance Specialist
Manchester, NH, USA Req #637
Sunday, November 21, 2021
Job Title: Fleet Maintenance Specialist
Department: Mobile Collections
Location: DISA Manchester
Reports To: Mobile Operations Manager
FLSA Status: non-Exempt
Company Information: DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, and transportation compliance. We have over 700 employees across North America including our Houston, Texas headquarters which houses nearly 300 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety since 1982 and is the leading provider of drug and alcohol testing and background screening in the energy sector. We’re also the fastest growing transportation compliance in the industry! DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence, and our team of IT innovators has developed one of the most advanced platforms in the industry.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
The job of a Fleet Manager is to perform the maintenance and routine service of our vehicles. This job demands expertise in repairing and refurbishing of all types of vehicles and work closely with the Mobile Operations Manager to develop and implement recordkeeping protocols and an ongoing service plan for all units.
• Checking vehicles and identifying any type of defects or losses as well as restoring the same.
• Estimating time and cost of on-site and outsourced repairs.
• Interacting with staff and understanding the problems related to their company vehicle.
• Approving modification of parts and many other important services for the vehicles.
• Placing orders for necessary additional parts and ensuring the reasonable procurement of the same.
• Efficiently coordinating duties and working with other departments of the DISA.
• Coordinate all maintenance related items for fleet vehicles: review and authorization of repairs, repair in house or locating repair facilities and communications with drivers, etc.
• Effectively direct vendors to perform work to our standards.
• Aggressively pursue warranty recovery on behalf of DISA.
• Communicate with Management when repairs exceed a certain limit.
• Ensure vehicle safety and troubleshoot problems to ensure operations and drivers are minimally inconvenienced when a breakdown or repairs are needed.
• Consult with Management on technical and mechanical issues as well as work with our Scheduling Department to recommend appropriate cycle policies for fleet vehicles.
• Serve as an internal expert and industry resource for maintenance related issues. Maintain Fleet Registrations, inspections, and Insurance.
• Maintain Service records
• Generator maintenance, installation, and repair
• Assess vehicles and/or machinery to accurately diagnose and repair issues.
• Provide routine inspections of vehicles and inform manager of any issues.
• Prepare quotes and work estimates for budget.
• Keep an accurate log of all work performed.
• Maintain and clean garage equipment and tools.
• Adhere to company work safety policies.
• Additional assignments or projects as directed by the Operations Manager and DISA.
• Build from the ground up, new Mobile Collection Vehicles for DISA.
• Assist in ordering new vehicles.
• Order supplies, build structure, electric and plumbing.
• Repair current trucks (12) in the fleet.
• Body Flips, Damage Repair, Safety Concerns and Cosmetic Upgrades.
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient MS Office skills as well as an aptitude with maintenance software programs
• Accurate record keeping of maintenance repairs and cost.
• Excellent telephone/verbal skills
• Ability to multitask
• Problem solving capabilities.
• Creative with the ability to think beyond the usual
Experience in related fields required.
High School diploma required.
Some college or specialized training preferred.
Travel %: Up to 20%
Physical Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- Manchester, NH, USA