Collection Specialist (Drug and Alcohol)
Job Title: Collections Specialist (Drug and Alcohol)
Reports to: Service Center Manager
Position Summary: Performs duties to include drug screen testing collections, oral swabbing, and breath alcohol tests, DNA swabbing, and takes vital signs intake in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations. Ensures chain of custody form is completed correctly. Responds to donors/customers in a timely and professional manner, exercising professionalism and upholding our company values.
• Verify donor ID prior to performing urine collection or oral swabs and perform specimens (urine, hair, and/or oral fluid) and alcohol collections in the clinic or office environment following DOT and NonDOT guidelines and protocol.
• Takes vitals, document and chart results associated with visits. Explains testing process, protocols, procedures and responds to routine questions.
• Verify identity and the reason for test drug screen collections per program requirements for pre-employment, random, annual, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-duty and follow-up drug testing in accordance with DOT or non-DOT requirements. May follow union reciprocal and non-reciprocal procedures and protocol.
• Complete all DOT drug screens in accordance with 49 CFR part 40 urine and alcohol collection guidelines.
• Provide detailed instructions to donor during collection process.
• Verify validity of specimen prior to accepting specimen and sending to lab for testing.
• Complete chain of custody form during the collection process.
• Knows when and how to perform an observed collection
• Contacts MRO Assistant or Manager for assistance in problem collections as needed.
• Works in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions and standards. Reports unsafe conditions.
• Perform routine office duties. Greet and help customers, receive/open mail, answer phone as needed.
• May screen customers for temperature before entry. Clean and prep exam rooms between patient visits.
• Responds to emails from clients and/or Scheduling Manager, coordinates with clients, updates employee lists, run random, email to clients, finalizes collection all collection details in advance & prepares all necessary paperwork. Prepares specimens to ship to lab at the end of each day.
• Complete donor/client information updates. May Set up and run random reports for various clients. Fulfill collection kit orders and close out random tests.
• Update client roster adds and deletes, updates database, and file paper copies. Completes forms and documents information following standard procedures.
• Checks in paperwork and e-mails any refusals or positive alcohols to inform others with a need to know.
• Stock and organize collection rooms and may add bluing agent to toilets.
• Performs routine cleaning and sanitizing in collection areas and office.
• Assist others with projects in down time. May perform other incidental duties as needed.
Other functions: N/A
• Prolonged periods of Standing and walking required more than 6 hours per day
• Frequent use of hands and fingers to enter information using a keyboard
• Periodic stooping, bending, twisting and reaching
• Frequent lifting and carrying of light weight objects under 5 lbs
• High school diploma or GED
• 1 year of Experience utilizing customer service skills
• Ability to complete DOT urine collection training and become certified as a DOT Collector and Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) after hired
• Must be detail oriented
• Experience using computer systems
• Ability to maintain positive and effective relationships
• Experience in the drug testing industry or healthcare
• Knowledge of HIPAA and CalOSHA requirements.
• Bilingual speaking is helpful, but not required.
• Certification(s) drug and alcohol testing helpful.
• Ability to travel locally periodically, if needed
Work Schedule: Will fluctuate some - Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- 1910 S Archibald Ave, Ontario, CA 91761, USA