Fabrication Shop Hand - Entry Level
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you safety-conscious and service-oriented? Do you possess the attention to detail necessary to ensure the accurate fulfillment of customer orders?
If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join our dedicated team as a Fabrication Shop Hand. Our team has been servicing the community for years. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers. Fabrication teammates are responsible for quality fabrication, production, proper inventory management, stocking, and maintaining a safe and organized environment.
As a fabrication shop hand with Hajoca your specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Plasma cutting pipe and steel plate and prep weld fittings using angle grinders and other various electric tools.
• Accurately be able to read cut sheet diagrams and pull a tape measure.
• Safely operate heavy machines such as a Landis threader
• Maintain proper maintenance on all heavy duty equipment
• Stock the warehouse and maintain cleanliness, organization and safety
• Pick materials for orders, assemble and package the materials for shipment/pick up
• Load/unload trucks and operate a forklift safely
• Monitor inventory levels and stock depletions that could impact customer service
All interested applicants must possess:
• High school degree or equivalent
• The ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
• Know of, apply, and practice safety precautions in a warehouse and material handling environment
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills
• The ability to maintain positive relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
Our ideal candidate will also:
• Welding experience preferred but not required
• Fabrication experience preferred but not required • Entry level position
• Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of steel pipe, fittings and fire protection related products
• Possess basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word)
• Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
The benefits of working with us:
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit-sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
• 401 (k) and retirement cash account
• Life insurance
• Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- 3900 Carolina Ave, Richmond, VA 23222, USA
- Richmond, VA, USA