The Payroll Manager is responsible for supervising the payroll team. The Payroll Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the payroll team operates in the most efficient means possible while monitoring the timely issuance of all Hajoca Corporation and subsidiary payrolls and related tax liabilities. Additionally, the Payroll Manager works in conjunction with Employee Services to ensure the company operates in compliance with FLSA and DOL regulations and in accordance with payroll related company policies.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Directly supervises a payroll team of 3 and manages daily payroll operations and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ensures timely and accurate multi-cycle, multi-state payroll for 4,300+ employees, maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and employee agreements.
- Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates implementation of payroll policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Maintain current knowledge of Federal, State, and Local payroll regulations and taxation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the payroll system and all related job duties performed in the payroll department to provide adequate support to the payroll team.
- Investigate, resolve and respond to inquiries from the field in a timely manner for all questions related to the area of expertise.
- Manage the master payroll task checklist to ensure deadlines are met, including deadlines for compliance reporting.
- Support internal and external audit requests pertaining to payroll.
- Assist in the implementation and testing of new payroll requirements needed to ensure compliance.
- Review and approve reconciliation between the payroll system, general ledger and tax portal according to issued deadlines to ensure accounting is balanced.
- Manage all payroll related aspects of union contracts and associated union payments.
- Supervise the payroll tax payment process to ensure timely payment of taxes, quarterly close and timely issuance of W2s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) essential
- 7+ years payroll experience required
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required
- Ceridian Dayforce experience essential
- Union experience a plus
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to perform research, analyze data and problem solve
- Able to prioritize work projects and multi-task
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
- Able to learn and operate the software system used to process payroll (Dayforce)
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Possess strong writing and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain a positive working relationship with managers, employees and coworkers by utilizing outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
(With or without accommodations)
This position is predominantly sedentary office work, which involves sitting, typing, filing, and conversing on the phone. Occasional lifting and carrying of boxes up to 20lbs. is required.
- Location: Baton Rouge, LA, Rieger Road office
- Reports To: Sr. Manager of Compensation and ETS
- Shift: 8-hr day shift
- Salary: Minimum $93,500 / year
- Status: Fulltime
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hajoca Corporation is a dedicated team of great workers. Our team has been servicing the community for years. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers.
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- 401 (k) and retirement cash account
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- Reiger Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, USA