Delivery Driver / Counter Salesperson
Are you outgoing and value customer service? Are you detail-oriented and safety conscious? Do you thrive on providing a positive customer experience? If so, then Hajoca Corporation would like you to join our dedicated team as a Driver/counter salesperson. Our team has been servicing the community for years. We are a close-knit group that works together to provide the best service to both new and existing customers.
This position requires providing professional and efficient, better than expected levels of service to customers at the Counter and over the telephone, and to stock, stage and maintain the Counter and Will-Call warehouse area as well as accurately and safety receiving, storing, processing, shipping and delivering products on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Assist customers, vendors, employees, managers, and the general public as they enter or call the Counter / Will Call area; responsibilities include order entry, order picking, order checking, loading vehicles, status calls, processing returns and credits, etc.
· Enter all product serial numbers upon completion of order process
Pull and stage all open Will-Call orders for pick-up or delivery daily
Amend date on outstanding Will-Call invoices daily
· Maintain appearance of the Warehouse area; ensure area is kept clean, organized and remains a safe work environment
· Maintain inventory levels, stage and replenish stock in Warehouse area and assigned aisle(s)
· Accept, inspect, process and restock all Will-Call returns
Unload delivery trucks; verify products materials ordered are material received, verify quantities and
match to bill of lading.
· Scan bar code into Eclipse Marks materials with identifying information. Check incoming freight for damage and process according to company's policy. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas. Enter tag-and-hold location on system in timely manner.
· Remove tag-and-hold products from incoming shipments.
· Move incoming shipments to put-away zones in an efficient manner.
· Schedule incoming shipments to ensure efficiency during the delivery process.
Date stamp paperwork and place into Supervisor’s inbox
· Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
· Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for drivers route
· Assist with special projects upon request such as cutting copper pipe, installing racking systems and preparing trailers.
· Confer with other departments to ensure coordination of Shipping activities with activities of other functions such as receiving, sales, purchasing, inventory and human resources
· Ensure all deliveries are completed timely, safely and courteously
· Inspect vehicle; check fluid levels, lights, tires, etc.; perform minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required
· Pull orders, load/unload material and secure the load on the vehicle
· Review delivery manifest; review job site information and special instructions; verify material loaded on truck matches material ordered; sign and date invoice
· Read and interpret maps, road signs and driving directions to plan the most efficient route and schedule of deliveries to job sites
· Practice defensive driving and obey all driving laws and road signs
· Wear personal protective equipment on job sites (hard hat, safety vest and safety glasses)
· Maintain communication with dispatcher by hands-free phone or two-way radio; relay information about schedule delays or changes, errors, customer questions, etc.
· Prepare accident and incident reports as necessary
· Maintain and submit all driving records such as manifests and mileage and gas receipts
· Interact with customers to obtain COD payment and return signatures; submit payment and invoices to Accounting upon return to WHCI
· Complete a Pink Tag for each product return and submit the tags
· Clean and maintain the interior and exterior of your vehicle(s) and the Shipping and Yard areas
All interested applicants must possess:
•High school degree or equivalent
•Be 21 years or older
•Possess a proper and valid driver’s license
•Possess a driving record that demonstrates good driving skills
•Know laws, rules, and regulations governing driving motor vehicles, as well as commercial vehicles subject to DOT regulations
•Pass a DOT physical examination prior to
employment and every following two years for as long as you drive a company
Our ideal candidate will also:
•Have, or quickly develop, a comprehensive knowledge of product
•Have 2+ years’ experience in a delivery or material handling environment
•Possess the drive to assist team members with other tasks as required
•Possess the ability to learn to safely operate a forklift and other material-handling equipment
•Possess basic computer literacy
The benefits of working with us:
Although Hajoca is a large company, we work in a decentralized environment where each of our locations, called Profit Centers, is run by the Profit Center Manager as if it was their own small business. We give you the tools you need to succeed, investing in your personal and professional growth through targeted training programs, and reward team success through our profit sharing opportunities and generous benefits package which includes:
•Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
•401 (k) and retirement cash account
•Pre-tax accounts for healthcare and dependent care
•Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected category pursuant to federal, state or local laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any such categories/status. Hajoca values diversity, equity and inclusion and this policy applies to all employment practices at Hajoca. Hajoca is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities including, but not limited to, during the application process. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
We are a drug free workplace. Employment is contingent upon pre-employment drug screening, and successful completion of a background investigation subject to any federal, state and local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6780 Sierra Ct, Dublin, CA 94568, USA