Logistics Business Development Specialist
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network, and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in Mexico, Belgium, The Netherlands, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Japan.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
Odyssey is looking for a Logistics Business Development Specialist to join the Overland Division. The individual in this role will plan, direct, and coordinate supportive services, such as record-keeping, fuel surcharges, rate sheet preparation, accessorial schedules, customer and carrier contracts, preparation and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly reports, and will also provide administrative support for Sales and Operations. Other responsibilities include managing customer pricing and corresponding carrier pricing, updating load monitor and customer yard inventories, and maintaining marketing materials and managing projects as needed.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
High School required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of administrative/project management/ analyst experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of logistics/transportation/dispatch experience is required.
- Support experience in a professional services, sales, or marketing environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Professional communication and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to learn the intricacies of all Company software supporting Operations and Administration.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Job Family Sales & Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Charlotte, NC, USA