Company Truck Driver
At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
CMI Logistics LLC, a subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation, is the leading intermodal distribution company in the metals industry. Through our strategic network of transload facilities, we customize distribution plans for all types of ferrous and non-ferrous metal products, utilizing our patented Load and Roll Pallet to provide efficient, damage free transportation into various gateways in U.S, Canada and Mexico.
CMI Logistics is currently seeking an experienced Truck Driver to safely operate a tractor-trailer within the guidelines of the Department of Transportation and Company policy to secure and transport consumer products timely and damage free.
When hired as a Company Truck Driver, you are qualified for a $1500 sign on bonus. This position pays $21.00 per hour. The Truck Driver will be home nightly and on weekends.
· Maintain daily contact with operations to receive daily dispatches from the Shipping/Receiving Office.
· Complete safety inspection record; inspect equipment and accessories to ensure safe operating condition. Turn in at the end of the day.
· Perform miscellaneous maintenance such as daily checking oil, water, gasoline, tires, lights, etc.
· Report any equipment problems to dispatch and maintenance.
· Maintain company assigned tractor/truck, chassis’ and flatbed in accordance with all DOT rules and regulations.
· Maintain equipment that is retrieved to pass safety checks.
· Load, unload, or assists in loading and unloading trailer with product.
· Ensure proper securing of all previously loaded containers on chassis’.
· Responsible for completing company loading ticket and transfer to proper location.
· Verify that all paperwork matches the material that is loaded for shipment.
· Ensure that all loaded containers are secured for transport to the rail.
· Shuttle driver to fill out LRP tickets to ensure LRP number is correct and moving in the correct direction.
· Transport product by tractor-trailer between two or more points of origin and destination, interstate and intrastate, observing and obeying all traffic laws and safety regulations.
· Review all load assignment details and required paperwork to ensure permits and licenses are in the tractor and are in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
· Review the load assignment pick-up and delivery dates and travel time against the log book to ensure adequate hours of service are available for timely delivery.
· Ensure load is properly secured according to federal, state regulations and Company policy.
· While loaded with product, inspect product for damage and confirm securement.
· Immediately report any product damage or securement issues to appropriate departments.
· Document any damages to retrieved containers on the rail J-1 form
· Immediately report any delay in transit to pick-up or delivery locations to dispatch.
· Adhere to Company personal protective equipment policies.
· Report all incidents and accidents in accordance with Company policy immediately.
· Maintain logs in compliance with Company policy and DOT regulations.
· Maintains simple records of deliveries and obtains signatures for product delivery.
· Maintain all records required for compliance with Company, state and federal regulations.
· Operate communication equipment such as; cell phone, PeopleNet satellite device, CB radios to exchange necessary information required of the position.
· Comply with all DOT, FMCSA, state, and local regulations required of the position.
· High school Diploma or equivalent
· Valid Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) issued by state of residence
· At least six months of verifiable interstate experience operating a commercial motor vehicle being qualified for
· Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening
· Knowledge of DOT and Federal Motor Carrier Rules and Regulations
· No convictions for any offense listed in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations at 49 CFR 383.51
· Experience with satellite communication devices and computer literacy strongly preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- CMI Logistics LLC, 5490 Sharp Plaza Blvd, Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America