Box Truck Driver- Non CDL
Odyssey International Services, Inc. (also known as American Relocation Services) has been handling commercial and residential moving needs for over 20 years in Alaska. We provide our clients with cost-effective, timely, and secure transport of personal effects and household goods. With warehouse facilities in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Kenai-Soldotna, Alaska, and in Tacoma, Washington, we are the experts in Alaska moving and storage.
The Box Truck Driver- Non CDL assists in loading and completes pick-up and delivery of freight to various customer locations within the local areas. Other duties as assigned including but not limited to loading and unloading of Household Goods.
As assigned by the supervisor. Work schedules may vary Monday through Friday. Work start times may vary to meet customer demands. The necessity for working overtime hours may occur.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates vehicles in compliance with local and state traffic codes/laws and company procedures.
- Maintains a professional attitude with customer, coworkers, and motoring public.
- strictly observes work schedules and specific delivery requirements set forth by American Fast Freight and their customers.
- Performs pre-trip inspections on all vehicles he/she operates and ensures any necessary repairs are completed according to state and federal regulations prior to leaving the terminal.
- Ensures load is properly stowed and secured to prevent shifting or damage due to shifting during transit to the delivery location.
- Uses proper equipment for loading/unloading of freight to prevent damage to product or injury from strain, etc.
- Knowledge to install and remove tire chains.
- Must possess a valid Class D drivers' license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
- Able to read and write the English language and read and understand traffic signs and controls in accordance with FHWA regulations.
- Able to complete appropriate paperwork in accordance with company and regulatory agency requirements.
- Able to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from management, customers, and the general public.
Employee must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of traffic and customer situations in a professional fashion. He/she must know how to communicate via telephone or radio to dispatch for instruction and or guidance.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Current DMV report
- Able to obtain an ICC medical card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally carry feet.
- Work in extreme weather conditions, with temperature variances from + 80 degrees Fahrenheit to -50 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the course of a season.
- Have the ability for close vision, color vision and the ability to focus, with the aid of glasses or contacts, if needed.
Work Environment and Environmental Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Continual heavy traffic conditions.
- Time sensitive delivery requirements.
- Low to moderate noise levels.
- Customer service demands.
- Extreme weather conditions, i.e. snow, ice, rain and dust.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fairbanks, AK, USA