Corporate Operations Coordinator
Odyssey International Services, Inc. represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. We offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to our clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of our clients’ supply chain.
The Corporate Operations Coordinator provides centralized support for ocean inbound communications from carriers and coordinators or monitors final deliveries. Formats and distributes operational reports for all branches and highlights any deficiencies which need to be corrected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors CANDOCS to identify communications and post, forward or reply as necessary.
- Monitors the Destination Services Report (DSR) to ensure final deliveries are in line with stated ETA’s. Adds pickup, delivery and empty dates as assigned or as necessary correction in conjunction with employee’s acknowledgement of deficiency.
- Audits additional operational reports to identify gaps in the process and parse out information required to correct those gaps which may include: emailing individual operations to correct, escalating to supervisors or managers for assistance, highlighting areas which may not have staffing required to complete the tasks, and providing assistance to complete the information where needed to assist in any areas requested.
- Refers to additional sources of information including customer SOPs, company procedures, tariffs and the like to better understand the processes.
- Monitors the DMS system (Docuware) and Assists with data entry updates as needed in order to correct critical deficiencies.
- Assists with “corporate” functions including but not limited to adding and updating vendors, customers and agents as needed, contract entry, and FMC Rate filings.
- Assists with other projects as identified.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; or minimum of four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Mathematical ability including the ability to perform multiple computations to arrive at the most beneficial choice of action. Convert weights and measures, calculate percentages, distance and time zone differences
Employee must have basic user knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
Normal office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Kent, WA, USA