Equipment Procurement Coordinator
Interdom, LLC, Odyssey Logistics & Technology Corporation's intermodal container division in Palos Heights, IL, is an intermodal marketing company that leverages unique international rail intermodal contracts with all the major class 1 North American rail carriers to enable the rail intermodal transport of ocean containers, ISO tanks, and flexitanks to/from all North American Ports and rail terminals. Our domestic service model is based on relocating empty surplus ocean carrier equipment back to port locations or areas of deficit, enabling us to provide a competitive door to door intermodal service package for our clients.
Summary / Primary Role:
The Equipment Procurement Coordinator is responsible for securing and processing domestic intermodal equipment to support customer freight movement needs.
· Develop relationship with steamship lines, leasing companies, and other equipment providers.
· Work collaboratively within the department to secure and process equipment for customer freight needs.
· Create releases in operating system for customer orders, and internal reposition use and updates.
· Manage customer equipment inventory
· Coordinate with the pricing team to obtain quotes for customers, carriers, and leasing companies.
· Update charges in operating system for repositions; drop charges, customer incentives, etc.
· Review per diem, and damage claims daily.
· Review and update equipment securements, types, providers, and rates.
· Enter equipment, customer orders and send dispatch information to transportation providers.
· Equipment tracing and confirmation of repositioned equipment terminations with accurate locations.
· Daily data entry, and maintain spreadsheets and all other reporting systems.
· Daily interactions with customers, drivers, and colleagues via phone, email and in person communications.
· Manage any customer or carrier concerns, and address accordingly as needed.
· High school diploma or GED required.
· 2 Years’ experience in a similar role and environment is required.
· Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
· Customer Focus
· Problem Solving/ Analysis
· Time Management
· Punctual and Reliable
· Team Player
· Negotiation Skills
· Oral/ Written Communication
· Resourcefulness/ Initiative
· Operational Excellence
· Personal Accountability
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, 10 key calculator and filing cabinets.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Palos Heights, IL, USA