At Odyssey, we believe high expectations are the key to everything. When we strive to become better than what we are, everything around us becomes better, too. Odyssey strives to foster an environment that allows employees to develop new ideas and thrive. With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and are able to offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent.
Our team is comprised of logisticians, engineers, technicians and supply chain experts, as well as professionals in other administrative and specialized areas who work at multiple locations across the United States, as well as in our international operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com
Summary / Primary Role:
The position of Warehouse Person will have primary responsibility to safely manage warehouse inventory through the receiving and shipping processes and movement of product with use of forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Open warehouse and prepare for work day; lights, doors, etc.
- Ensure safe working conditions in office and adherence to OSHA regulations.
- Operate remote controlled cranes, and forklifts to safely move product.
- Operate track mobile to maneuver rail cars in and out of the building.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for the safe loading and unloading material.
- Pull work orders.
- Receive and ship product through inbound/outbound scan process using a handheld scanner.
- Inspect material and make notations of any exceptions and or damages for all inbound and outbound shipments.
- Organize material and inventory within the warehouse.
- Package steel coils and prepare them for shipment.
- Remove and secure bulkheads against steel coils in railcars.
- Remove debris and clean out railcars prior to loading.
- Communicate any incidents, accidents, damages, claims to management immediately.
- Ensure equipment is not overloaded.
- Use company guidelines, and instructions to properly signal information and instructions to crane operator(s).
- Use company guidelines, instructions, policies, procedures, and follow OSHA regulations in the performance of all job functions.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures for proper warning signals when operating cranes and forklifts.
- Perform regular and routine inspection of equipment and monitor fluid levels to ensure optimum performance of equipment and safety.
- Ensure inventory and material is stored safely and blocked properly.
- Ensure work environment and areas are clean.
- Complete daily paperwork and record data.
- Participate in meetings, and on committees as instructed or needed.
- Participate in cross training, development programs and obtain any certifications as need or requested by management.
- Ensure proper personal protective equipment is in good repair and worn in accordance with OSHA regulations and Company policy.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AND PROJECTS AS ASSIGNED.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added to or change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a similar role and environment is required.
- Previous experience working in transportation or metals warehousing industry is preferred.
- Experience with forklifts, over-head cranes, track mobile, and hand held RFID scanners is preferred.
- Microsoft Office literate with ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States. Odyssey will not sponsor employment visas.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Choice of medical plans with FSA, HRA and HSA options;
- Company-paid dental and life/disability Plans;
- 401K with company match;
- Preferred vendor discounts;
- Work-life balance
No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- O'Fallon, MO, USA