Sr. Manager, Procurement
The mission of the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) business unit of Odyssey Logistics & Technology is to provide value-driven, proactive logistics services using our expertise and technology on a global basis. Our People are the core of our business and support our values of , , , and .
We are looking for professionals who are dedicated to client success, focused on developing solutions by working collaboratively, accountable for results, and who feel empowered to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to satisfy stakeholders.
With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and can offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent. The MLS business unit is based in Charlotte, NC and has team members across the United States, as well as in Mexico, China, Belgium, Poland, Hong Kong, and Japan.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
The Sr. Manager, Global Marine Procurement: creates and implements solutions that meet cost, capacity, and service commitments for Odyssey Managed Logistics Services clients. This person also manages key client and service provider relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate dialogues to align procurement activities with the strategic direction of each client
- Lead improvement in sourcing processes to support key business initiates and objectives, including productivity, service level and growth channels
- Establish and manage procurement budgets and own/maintain metrics
- Manage company carrier work processes including freight payment and payment terms
- Identify and leverage Odyssey’s market presence and implement best in class freight contracts and capacity commitments that outperform the marketplace
- Analyze, design, and implement logistics opportunities while lowering cost or enhancing service
- Manage client, carrier, and internal relationships and collaborate with internal departments to develop and implement carrier contracting and routing strategies that meet requirements
- Develop solutions for project or steady-state logistics procurement, proactive approaches to balancing service and cost, carrier engagement and management, and driving customer satisfaction through procurement activities
- Lead critical contract negotiations, supplier relationship development and implementation of best-in-class processes
- Serve as the thought leader as it relates to market trends
- Focus on developing common carrier capacity aligns with client and company needs
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Supply Chain, Purchasing or related field)
- 10+ years prior relevant experience in marine transport procurement and managing a Procurement organization.
- Experience leading multi-functional and multi-regional projects and Strong people management skills
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills
- Prior direct local and regional supervisory experience
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Self-directed problem solver who is proactive and focused. Lean-six sigma experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a commitment to work effectively with clients, carriers, and colleagues
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Danbury, CT, USA