Linden Bulk Transportation (LBT), established in 1982, provides safe, reliable bulk truck across North America. Headquartered in Linden, New Jersey. LBT has over 350 power units, 675 trailers. In addition to its headquarters in Linden, NJ, LBT has facilities in Pennsylvania, Illinois, Texas, and Louisiana. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Odyssey Logistics and Technology Corporation, LBT facilitates the growth of its clients through its large diversified fleet.
The Driver Trainer is responsible for ensuring all drivers are properly trained on company procedures and policies, as well as ensuring that all drivers are equipped with the tools and resources needed to follow all safety and transportation regulations. The Driver Trainer will manage the onboarding process and conduct orientation, as well as assist the safety department in ensuring the drivers are maintaining the high standards set forth by Linden Bulk Transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the driver training process and ensure that all driver training is complete within the established time parameters and that all training meets company standards.
- Train Class A Tanker drivers on federal and company rules and regulations,
- Facilitate training activities and determine additional training needs for assigned driver staff.
- Conduct ride-along evaluations of drivers for review or remedial training as needed
- Responsible for training drivers on Electronic Logging operations, pre and post trip inspection procedures, safe unloading procedures, incident/accident reporting and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Present instruction in a professional and timely manner consistent with company policies and all Federal, State and Local Laws
- Determine employees driving abilities and competency; responsible for ensuring drivers are ready for dispatch and can perform duties as required.
- Will assist with Drug and Alcohol testing.
- Manage and control Driver files during Orientation Process, to ensure they are concise and complete prior to sending them to Corporate Office.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of tank driving experience (required)
- 3-5 years of driver trainer experience (preferred)
- Class A CDL (required)
- Must have knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Federal/State FMCSA regulations and other relevant government and industrial standards
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Tenstreet
- Must have knowledge with Electronic Logging systems
- Tanker Endorsement (preferred)
- Hazmat Endorsement ( (preferred)
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Linden, NJ, USA