The mission of the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) business unit of Odyssey Logistics & Technology is to provide value-driven, proactive logistics services using our expertise and technology on a global basis. Our People are the core of our business and support our values of Service Excellence, Innovation, Solutions, and Continuous Improvement.
We are looking for professionals who are dedicated to client success, focused on developing solutions by working collaboratively, accountable for results, and who feel empowered to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to satisfy stakeholders.
With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and can offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent. The MLS business unit is based in Charlotte, NC and has team members across the United States, as well as in Mexico, China, Belgium, Poland, Hong Kong, and Japan.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
We are looking for a Logistics Coordinator (LC) who will be responsible for managing shipments in order to effectively and efficiently secure coverage to meet the requirements of Odyssey’s clients. Shipment management is the end-to-end visibility of the shipment from pick-up through delivery. The LC will also be responsible for the management and documentation of shipment exceptions for any in-transit shipment that has been identified as in jeopardy of not meeting the scheduled pick-up and/or delivery service requirements. The individual in this role is expected to work with the carriers to develop solutions and, if necessary, present them to our clients in order to meet the service requirements. Other duties include administering, processing and managing Non-Conformance (NCR) root cause and corrective action investigations through closure and communicating effectively with Logistics Operations personnel, Odyssey clients and carriers, as well as with Odyssey personnel in other functional areas.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
- 1-2 years logistics and transportation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of logistics and transportation documents, terminology, and principles is preferred.
- Knowledge of general transportation rules and regulations is a plus.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and listening skills, particularly when dealing with a variety of people and situations over the phone and through email.
- Ability to manage problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly adjust to changing tactical situations and exercise sound judgment.
- Aptitude to maintain timely, complete, and accurate records.
- Skill to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures, or to reschedule activities in response to changing conditions or multiple work demands.
- Maintain a performance level that exemplifies a solid and committed work ethic.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Charlotte, NC, USA