Client Services Manager
The mission of the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) business unit of Odyssey Logistics & Technology is to provide value-driven, proactive logistics services using our expertise and technology on a global basis. Our People are the core of our business and support our values of Service Excellence, Innovation, Solutions, and Continuous Improvement.
We are looking for professionals who are dedicated to client success, focused on developing solutions by working collaboratively, accountable for results, and who feel empowered to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to satisfy stakeholders.
With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and can offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent. The MLS business unit is based in Charlotte, NC and has team members across the United States, as well as in Mexico, China, Belgium, Poland, Hong Kong, and Japan.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
Odyssey is looking for a Client Services Manager (CSM) who will serve as the primary point of contact for both strategic and operational activities related to the clients’ program. This role is responsible for ensuring continuous improvement and service excellence are executed according to contractual terms driving value in support of the clients’ supply chain and logistics goals. The CSM is also an accomplished project manager, providing management oversight for all phases of the client on-boarding, business process development, procurement strategy, and systems integration. The CSM will develop and utilize project plans and Odyssey’s project methodology through go-live and steady state operationally, while ensuring that plans are being followed, work is proceeding on schedule and issues are being resolved.
A successful Client Services Manager at Odyssey will display the following behaviors:
- Dedication – Committed to client success by being responsive to internal and external customers and proactively managing projects and responsibilities.
- Collaboration – Focused on developing solutions by coordinating cross-functional team efforts and harnessing the knowledge of subject matter experts throughout the organization
- Accountability – Demonstrated ownership of results by understanding and validating results and not easily accepting what is delivered.
- Empowerment – Exercises the authority to take action by defining problems, identifying root causes, and taking initiative to resolve clients’ issues.
- Service Excellence – Driven to exceed expectations by being proactive and predictive of outcomes, listening to customers, removing emotions and charting the path forward.
- Innovation – Understanding market trends and internal constraints and applying a creative approach to find solutions to mitigate the gaps between market demands and Odyssey's service offerings.
- Solutions – Tailors solutions according to the needs of each customer by understanding best practices and how to deliver value.
- Continuous Improvement – Never satisfied and always moving forward leveraging modes, processes and technology to reveal tangible improvements to satisfy stakeholders.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Bachelor’s degree. Supply Chain Management degree is a plus.
- At least 5 years of logistics experience is strongly desired.
- Prior project management experience is preferred.
- Ability to interpret commercial contracts is desired.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Transportation industry.
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, and report-writing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proficiency in public speaking and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and in team environments, while being able to promote cooperation and teamwork among staff, peers, superiors and customers.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple critical projects and tasks simultaneously and reliably in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to juggle changing priorities and needs of the clients.
- Ability to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Able to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Extremely proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Visio,
- Must be willing to travel 30% of time.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 30
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Charlotte, NC, USA