The mission of the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) business unit of Odyssey Logistics & Technology is to provide value-driven, proactive logistics services using our expertise and technology on a global basis. Our People are the core of our business and support our values of Service Excellence, Innovation, Solutions, and Continuous Improvement.
We are looking for professionals who are dedicated to client success, focused on developing solutions by working collaboratively, accountable for results, and who feel empowered to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to satisfy stakeholders.
With our advanced technology, global network and integrated processes, we regularly break new ground for clients and can offer logistics careers that cultivate successful professionals and develop existing talent. The MLS business unit is based in Charlotte, NC and has team members across the United States, as well as in Mexico, China, Belgium, Poland, Hong Kong, and Japan.
For more information, please visit www.odysseylogistics.com.
Odyssey is looking for a Logistics Analyst to join the Managed Logistics Services (MLS) Division in Charlotte, NC. The individual in this role will support the Company’s logistics data needs, which involves receiving or extracting raw data from various sources, normalizing the data into consistent formats, and then performing value added analysis and reporting functions. Other responsibilities include mastering various software tools including rating, mapping, optimization, spreadsheets, and databases; providing standardized mode reports for the Company’s Procurement Team; calculating and publishing savings metrics to clients; and assisting in data manipulation for new business analysis.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
(The following are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills or ability required for this position)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the Data/Computer Science, Logistics, Business or Engineering field.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience utilizing Qlik or other BI tools to provide detailed insight into improvement opportunities.
- Excellent data analysis skills using desktop computer tools and software, including advanced proficiency in MS Access and MS Excel.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of logistics data, such as bill of lading information, rate tables, mileage standards, commodity classes, and LTL tariffs is desired.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple critical projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team player who seeks continuous improvement.
Odyssey is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements Odyssey complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. No relocation allowance will be considered unless specifically addressed. All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Job Family Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Charlotte, NC, USA