On-Call Event Staff - Benziger Family Winery
We are seeking reliable, on call employees for events at our two winery properties in Glen Ellen, Ca. Candidate must have previous dining/serving experience, have a passion for wine and hospitality, and consider customer experience an upmost priority.
*The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by generous employee discounts, and opportunity to participate in wine sales and wine club commission programs, and tips.
- Greet and host guests in a professional manner
- Successfully educate guests about our wines, elevated experiences and history
- Provide an exceptional experience while pouring wines during the lunch/dinner service
- Set-up and break down events, including movement of tables, chairs, wine and umbrellas to different event locations on property
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times while adhering to dress code
- Assist in executing event timeline
- Work with vendors during event to ensure fluidity of timeline and flow
- Close up and secure the venue concluding the event
- Accountable for tracking wine and rental inventory
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Knowledge of wine and an interest in developing expertise in wine
- Comfortable with selling wine and wine club
- Retail/Sales experience (experience in wine and hospitality is desirable)
- Friendly, outgoing and energetic with exceptional communication skills
- Pro-active and thorough in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments
- Superior customer service skills and service driven
- Work well in a fast-paced and active environment
- A flexible schedule as events generally take place on weekends and evenings
- Must be at least twenty-one years of age.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. at varying frequencies and stand for extended period of time
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and repetitive hand and wrist motion
- Must be able to travel between facilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both indoors and outdoors
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America