Events Wine Specialist - Benziger Family Winery
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York, and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility, and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Benziger Family Winery/Imagery Estate Winery is searching for enthusiastic, passionate special events, wine sales and customer service professionals to join our dynamic, high energy Hospitality team.
The Events Wine Specialist position is a part-time position responsible for creating memorable group experiences while providing in-depth and intriguing wine experiences while providing excellent customer service while promoting wine sales, enlisting new club members, and providing wine education to customers.
*The base compensation is very competitive and is further enhanced by generous employee discounts, and opportunity to participate in wine sales and wine club commission programs, and tips.
- Provide excellent customer service in all areas: welcome guests, educate and present the portfolio of wines, host private tours, and conduct onsite and virtual elevated, educational wine experiences for small to large-sized corporate and social groups, including but not limited to Biodynamic Tractor Tours, VIP Tours, wine and food pairings, etc.
- Assist with events; execute timeline and duties and manage closing and securing of the venue concluding events as needed.
- Host specialty programs, lunches or dinners as assigned.
- Create and execute an exclusive experience for each customer: confidently and knowledgably speak to wines, varietals, winemaking/viticulture practices, growing areas, winery, and history.
- Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products and drive new memberships to the Wine Clubs; strong focus on closing sales and up-selling is crucial.
- Learn POS systems and manage wine and merchandise transactions. Possess a high level of integrity for performing sales transactions.
- Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of the winery, viticulture, and enology by participating in educational trainings and tastings within the wineries and through outside sources.
- Assist with set-up, breakdown and cleaning of tasting and touring spaces and supplies.
- Accountable for tracking event wines and supplies inventory.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Two or more years’ experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting and/or retail sales position preferred
- Must be available to work most weekends, special events and holidays
- Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
- Experience with hosting wine tastings and experiences for groups
- Service driven, with superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, positive, and professional disposition when dealing with guests, vendors, and team members
- Willingness be trained on driving a tractor and electric vehicles for touring purposes
- Be a team player, working with team members and cross-functional partners to reach sales goals
- Strong attention to detail and proactivity.
- Ability to multi-task, follow-up, and work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Capability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry weights of up to 50 pounds at varying frequencies
- Ability to operate various types of machinery to include, but not limited to, electric carts and tractor trams, lift trucks, hand trucks, dishwashers etc.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting in the performance of various tasks
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Hospitality
- Job Function Hospitality
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 1883 London Ranch Rd., Glen Ellen, California, United States of America