The Wine Group, 7409 West Central Ave., Fresno, California, United States of America Req #956
Monday, November 1, 2021
At The Wine Group we are passionate about our people, our future and our wine. We are America’s second largest wine producer by volume with over 1,200 employees globally across 12 locations in California, New York and Australia. We are proud to be responsible for many of America’s most beloved wine brands, including Cupcake, Franzia, Chloe, Concannon, Benziger, Imagery, AVA Grace, 7 Deadly and more. We are dedicated to our culture built on values like entrepreneurialism, innovation, social responsibility and stewardship. To learn about us and our career opportunities, check us out at www.thewinegroup.com and then come join the exciting journey at The Wine Group.
Maintenance Technician works on multiple tasks which may include but not limited to maintenance and repair of all plant equipment (including facility and grounds). Troubleshooting and repairing mechanical and industrial electrical as well as Industrial PLCs. Fabrication of equipment, including use of various welding techniques; MIG, TIG and stick welding. Work with other Maintenance employees to assist in teaching new equipment and technical skills to further help the facility. Oversee delegated projects for the maintenance department assigned by leadership.
- Perform all Maintenance functions and skills.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of Electrical Systems including electrical schematic reading, wiring, and troubleshooting multiple voltages (i.e., 120v, 277v, 240v, and 480v) utilizing approved voltage testing equipment.
- Fabrication, welding, grinding, building various parts, brackets, and mechanical items.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Hydraulic, Pneumatic systems, motors, and pumps.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of Ammonia Refrigeration Systems by performing effective troubleshooting on Refrigeration Systems.
- Obtain and maintain certification (Industrial Mechanic, RETA, CARO or related)
- Troubleshoot and repair/replace damaged or defective parts/equipment, as necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in refrigeration PM systems.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of PLC Systems (Basic Components and ladder diagram reading)
- Disassemble or tear down winery parts/equipment to perform maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Reassemble, and test repaired winery parts/equipment for proper operation.
- Complete all required paperwork correctly.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with other co-workers and management in a team environment.
- Work with Process Safety Management, HACCP, and Plant Safety Teams
- Learn and comply with all corporate and department work safety rules, including LOTO, Arc Flash, and Confined Space.
- Work effectively at heights of 40’ and higher, as well as entering and working in confined spaces.
- Perform proper sanitation techniques to comply with food safety standards.
- Teardown, evaluate, and rebuild all primary and secondary support systems.
- Refrigeration Systems Components
- Pump down, line break permit, repair replacement, and return to service of equipment.
- Component/System diagnostics.
- Boiler operation and maintenance:
- Start-up and operation.
- Knowledge of water treatment components and care.
- Teardown evaluation inspection and care of boiler and water treatment equipment.
- Water and Wastewater Systems:
- Demonstrate skill and craft in well operation and care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PDM Program.
- Working knowledge and skill in work order management.
- Ability to enter update modify equipment information.
- Reliability Skills
- Participation in Root Cause Analysis /Failure Analysis
- Task /PM recommendation and improvements
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of general functions; it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be 18 years or older at time of hire.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Must be able to perform all Maintenance Level 1 skills.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience as Maintenance Mechanic, or equivalent role.
- Must be able to work independently on any assigned shift with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to comprehend and carry out written and verbal work orders and instructions.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Must demonstrate the ability of advanced welding.
- Possess strong working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic systems, motors, and pumps.
- Possess strong knowledge of Electrical Systems and Ammonia Systems
- Basic knowledge of PLC systems.
- Basic computer skills – Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Read and interpret Blueprint and Schematic (mechanical and electrical)
- Must pass and maintain valid forklift certification, aerial lift, and scissor lift.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English, and demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass all applicable testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Must embrace and demonstrate The Wine Group Core Values of Long-Term Sustainable Value Creation, while being Relentlessly Entrepreneurial, with Empowered People who are Responsible and Trustworthy and keep them in mind when making all decisions.
- Must be able to lift and carry weights of up to 55 lbs. at varying frequency and duration.
- Must be able to repeatedly climb stairs/vertical tank ladders at heights of 40’ and higher.
- Work at various heights 40 feet or higher, as well as in confined spaces.
- Work with hazardous chemicals and wear a face mask and appropriate PPE.
- Requires bending, lifting, climbing, pulling, and pushing.
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Facilities Maintenance
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Wine Group, 7409 West Central Ave., Fresno, California, United States of America