The Marketing Assistant reports to the Marketing Director, and is based at our Livermore, CA location. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Marketing Director and a Team of Marketers in delivering and executing brand plans across the 4Ps of marketing: product, place, price, and promotion. The Marketing Assistant will provide support for the day-to-day needs of the brand marketing team. This person will have a strong grounding in CPG Marketing best practices, and successful track record of building alcoholic beverage and/or CPG brands.
- Creative Brand Marketer: Intuitively “gets” brands and consumer motivations.
- Brief and direct graphic designers and vendors on the development of marketing materials and communications. Maintain brand websites and marketing materials, ensuring copy and content is up-to-date.
- Consumer and Customer (Wholesaler and Retailer) Orientation: Create presentations with audience in mind. Develop and manage sales materials, from creative and sourcing to execution and fulfillment coordination, with strong attention to detail and adherence to timelines.
- Analytical Competency: Will analyze and track brand data and performance. Comfortable with data and knows how to pull key “nuggets” out of data for use in presentations. Will translate data into focused insights.
- Strong Cross-Functional Contributor and Team Player: Liaison for marketing team with other departments such as purchasing, finance, winemaking, sales and DtC to ensure proper communication and execution of brand packaging and programs. Monitor budgets and process invoices. Effectively execute marketing projects within assigned budgets.
- Entrepreneurial Track Record and Competitive Drive: Will work in an entrepreneurial manner, with proven experience in an environment of resource limitations, cost control, prudent risk taking and limitless creativity. Will manage ambiguity and multiple priorities; conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years prior experience in marketing, sales, advertising, public relations, promotions or digital media preferred
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with wine, spirits or consumer packaged goods preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI data preferred
- Strong results orientation and project management skills, excelling at juggling a wide range of administrative and marketing support projects to meet project goals and timelines. Flexible when needs and priorities shift. Self-motivated and takes initiative, with ability to operate under pressure and meet tight timelines.
- Highly articulate and comfortable working with individuals at all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings and internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills: courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
- Possess intellectual curiosity. Can connect “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
- Have astuteness and flexibility. Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles. Ability to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines.
- Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement; is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative (scrappy); always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
- Position operates in a professional office environment
- Position includes travel to various industry and/or company events, up to 10% of the time
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. (a case of wine)
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Product Marketing and Brand Management
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- The Wine Group, 4596 Tesla Rd., Livermore, California, United States of America