Sr. Security Engineer
Watermark is looking for an experienced and seasoned Sr. Security Engineer who will have the opportunity to work closely with our DevOps, Infrastructure, and cloud engineering teams to help secure our products and our cloud security architecture while ensuring that it meets business requirements and performance goals.
- Must be able to drive adoption of security best practices as part of the product development lifecycle
- Must be able to closely partner with peers in the engineering, infrastructure and devOps organizations to ensure security compliance with a ‘shift left’ mindset
- Secure enterprise information systems by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems
- Lead security initiatives such as IAM, PKI, SIEM,WAFs, Cryptography
- Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within cloud infrastructure
- Closely partner with peers in the engineering, infrastructure and devOps organizations to ensure security compliance with a ‘shift left’ mindset
- Review vulnerability and penetration testing, present assessments reports to clearly detail security findings and work with developers to remediates the issues found
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Perform technical security assessments, threat modeling, code audits, design reviews with engineers to ensure effective and secure development
- Respond to RFI/RFP requirements for global customers
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and SecDevOps and manage static analysis tools
- Development work experience and understanding of OWASP Top 10 attacks on applications, cryptography, key management, PKI, TLS, authentication and authorizations of application security
- Solid understanding of authentication technologies and schemes including SSO and federated services (Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, OAuth, OpenID)
- 3 - 5 years experience with overall AWS security, VPC, IAM, SSM.
- 5-7 years of experience in design and implementation of technical security solutions. Build technical security architecture solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, team management skills, stakeholder management skills documentation and technical writing skills
- CISSP certification preferred (or working towards) or AWS Certified Security Specialty a plus
- Vulnerability scanning and application penetration testing experience
- 5 - 7 years of experience with security frameworks such as NIST, ISO or others
- Working knowledge of design and implementation of firewalls, DNS, IDS/IPS, anti-virus, content filtering, DLP, endpoint security, email security, network vulnerability scanning and incident management
- Demonstrated understanding of IT risk management, cyber security frameworks and good understanding of regulatory compliance requirements
- Strong understanding of data protection & privacy laws in various regions such as the US, Europe and India
- Ability to independently lead and drive critical projects across the finish line
- Prior worked in a SaaS based, B2B or a higher Ed. tech industry.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible work schedule
- Family Bonding Leave
- Sick Leave
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement through UHC
- Health insurance plans
- HSA/FSA (Dependent Care FSA )
- Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental insurance
- Short term disability
- 401 K with company matching
- CALM subscription
- Employee referrals incentive
- Affinity Groups
By applying to this position, you will have an opportunity to share your preferred remote working location from NYC tri-state ( New York, New Jersey or Connecticut)
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 100
- Connecticut, USA
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, NY, USA