VP Strategic Finance
We are looking for an experienced Vice President, Strategic Finance to effectively prepare the company for the next phase of growth and continued scale through process and systems improvements. As our VP of Strategic Finance, you would be responsible for all financial plans including budgets, quarterly reforecasts and our long-term strategic plan.
Together with the CFO, you would serve as a key member of the Finance team and would work with senior leaders in evaluating various initiatives and solving strategic and financial challenges with a data-driven approach. You would have autonomy and responsibility from day 1, with the ability to drive real decisions that affect the direction of the Company. You would manage the Strategic Finance team to set priorities, assign accountability, and assess performance.You would promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a high commitment to quality.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Lead the Company’s annual budgeting, ongoing reforecasts, and long-term planning process across the organization.
- Work with the Accounting function to develop and prepare monthly financials (GAAP) and SaaS KPI reporting packages to be distributed to management and Board.
- Coordinate with CFO and CEO to identify and quantify strategic opportunities and risks from a financial perspective; provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Partner with senior leadership team and build trusted advisory relationships in order to optimize profitability and investment across product lines.
- Identify, effect, and manage operational cost efficiencies across the organization.
- Provide frequent financial information and KPIs that allow our leadership team to reach and stay on track with our financial goals and metrics.
- Implement best-in-class tools & technology to facilitate timely, actionable reporting, allowing better decisions faster. Manage financial analysis to drive decision making for our leaders across diverse initiatives.
Treasury & Investor Relations
- Forecast our ongoing operational cash needs and provide short and long-term cashflow visibility.
- Manage our credit facility and manage quarterly compliance with our credit agreement.
- Work closely with the HR team on equity grants and annual valuation and provide support for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Own financial and investor communication and provide responses to shareholder and lender requests with relevant and accurate information.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry fundamentals and communicate the drivers to relevant stakeholders that have an impact on results.
This should describe you:
- 10+ years of experience in senior-level finance positions.
- Significant experience in a finance role for a fast growing software, e-commerce or technology organization, preferably SaaS.
- Experience at a public company or fast-paced, PE-owned company and can bring your experience to Watermark.
- Highly analytical background, possibly in investment banking or one of similar client-focused intensity earlier in career.
- Ability to produce high-quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Track record of providing accurate and timely reporting for executive decision making.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong accounting or financial analysis experience.
- Located either in the CST or EST time zones
- Excellent Leadership Skills: You own your responsibilities. You possess the qualities that inspire confidence and trust. You have the ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Strong Business Acumen and Analytical Skills: Your financial acumen and significant analytical and budgeting skills are like no other; you are proficient in cash flow forecasting, preparing budgets and thoughtfully allocating capital.
- Comfort Level with Information Technology: You always use technology to improve access to information needed to run the business; you utilize systems to improve processes.
- An Innovative, Strategic and Operational Mindset: You are interested in and involved with operational issues and how they affect the Finance function; you not only participate in developing strategies to support a growth plan but you also bring rational, objective judgment to bear on tough issues and decisions to drive execution.
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications Skills: You know how to communicate effectively to a wide variety of audiences.
- Roll-Up-the-Sleeves Style: You enjoy an entrepreneurial atmosphere that requires you to pitch in to get the job done and to be comfortable in an environment with lean staffing.
- Solid Interpersonal Skills: Your culture sensitivity skills enable you to get along with people at all levels of the organization. You celebrate your teams’ success and you empathize with them during hard times. You foster a sense of belonging and empowerment by incorporating professional learning opportunities and by hosting social team events where bonding, fun and creativity are a priority.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Chief Financial Officer
- Managing the Strategic Finance team
- Substantial exposure to the Watermark executive team and working closely with cross-functional partners across the organization
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,600 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary