Watermark is seeking an experienced Paralegal to assist with commercial contracting. You should have 5+ years of demonstrable redlining and negotiation experience, preferably in a private or public company. Strong research, analytical, and organizational skills are a must.
- With attorney supervision, you will draft, review, assess, redline, and finalize NDAs, assist with both inbound vendor agreements and outbound commercial contracts such as SaaS terms of service, master service agreements, data protection terms, etc.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills while attention to detail
- Upload contract data to contract management system
- Organize and maintain the legal department policies, procedures, and templates
- Perform other assignments as required by the legal department
- Research laws, regulations, and administrative requirements
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism, integrity, and ethical judgment
- Be able to operate independently, work cross-functionally, and manage a high volume of work
- 5+ years of experience as a transactional paralegal, contract manager, or other comparable legal department role (a J.D. is not required)
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience working on corporate and transactional matters, preferably in a technology company
- Comprehensive proficiency in MS Word, PPT, Slack, Zoom, and Excel
- Effective interpersonal skills to provide guidance to junior staff and exercise mature judgment
- Excellent grasp of the relevant legal and credit concepts
- Ability to work independently and with limited direct supervision
- Build relationship and effective influencing skills
- Detail oriented with excellent written, oral communication, and analytical skills
- Occasional need to work outside of normal business hours as required to support customers may be required
- Sound judgment, commercial awareness, and business acumen
Watermark’s mission is to put better data into the hands of administrators, faculty, and students everywhere to empower them to connect information and gain insights into learning that will drive meaningful improvements. Through its innovative educational intelligence system, Watermark supports over 1,700 institutions around the world in developing an intentional approach to learning so that they can leverage data for a more holistic view of learning, faculty and staff impact, and institutional quality.
For more information on Watermark, visit www.watermarkinsights.com.
Watermark is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an individual based on the individual's race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic or activity.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, November 15, 2021
- Austin, TX, USA
- Florida, USA
- Illinois, USA
- Louisiana, USA
- Missouri, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Texas, USA
- Wisconsin, USA